Stocking Stuffers are always last on my list to get! I make my list, organize what can be bought online, and what I need to go shopping for in person, and I get all my supplies out for wrapping. After all that is done…a lightbulb usually goes off in my head…like DUH – Stocking Stuffers! Why is it always so hard for me to get it together and remember STOCKINGS! Oh right, because I just crossed off like ten million gifts from my Christmas list!
So of course, I run to the store to get letting toys, candies, chocolates, etc for their stockings. I’m always confused as to what should go IN there. I’ve come down to at least 1-2 toys, one big chocolate bar, a few small items like little books, or toothbrushes, etc. and of course some candy canes.
Here are FIVE IDEAS for what you should include in your families stocking stuffers, no matter how old they are!
- Let’s start it off with the toy or toys that you have to include! Or if they’re older, a more valuable, larger item. For my boys and 6 year old nephew, this year, they want beyblades, so they’re each getting a beyblade set. These sets come with a beyblade and a launcher for the bey. For my teen niece, I would put perfume, or face masks, bath bombs, bath salts, anything that a teenage girl would want. Or even like a little wallet or purse from claires. Maybe an earring set, since she has pierced ears. For my teen nephew, I am thinking of getting like a trucker hat, or t-shirt. Something with fortnite, since he’s into that right now. My little 5 year old niece is probably getting an LOL surprise – the smaller version, so that it fits in her stocking.
- Candies! I like to get small peppermints, or the plastic cane filled with Hershey’s or m&ms. They love those. Ring pops area always a must. Or even chocolate covered santas or christmas trees. I get different flavored candy canes too. These days they have the sweet tarts flavor, lifesavers flavor, etc. I get the original, of course, but also throw in some fun flavors as well.
- One Large Chocolate. I like to include an over sized recess peanut butter cup or Hershey bar. It’s fun, and the kids love it.
- Books. I love to include books. Coloring books, reading books, it doesn’t matter. I’ll always include one book, geared to what they’re interested in.
- Toothbrushes – I love to include toothbrushes, even for the adult stockings. It’s always good to have around, and my favorite is Dr. Plotka’s! My teeth LOVE me for using Dr. Plotka’s! It’s Naturally Antimicrobial* Bristles are infused with silver to naturally eliminate 99.9% of bacteria that grows on the bristles within 6 hours! Find it here: www.mouthwatchers.com and here: AMAZON.
Even though, stocking stuffers are usually a last minute idea of mine, it’s always a huge hit on Christmas! Maybe next year I’ll have enough time to get it done early in the season….maybe. But until then! I like to follow my little guide to stocking stuffer success!!