Many of us know that online shopping is so much more convenient, but some of us, like myself, still try to get in some mall, in-person shopping, because that’s where I get my cardio, and that’s what I’m just used to doing.
I LOVE to go to the mall, the shopping plazas, the shopping centers. I love to walk around, browse, get snacks, get coffee, and consume. It’s not good for my checkbook at all, however, because of my hectic schedule, and the stress of my every day life, sometimes I need to take a break. And for me, my indulgence, my vice, is shopping.
To curb this addiction, I now like to do my shopping online. For these reasons.
- It helps me save money. It really does. When I’m online, It’s for a purpose. I need to find something specific. I find it, I research it with other sites, and I buy based on the best deal. I’m in and I’m out. There is not really a lot of browsing that I do, because I’m usually on during my lunch break. I get what I need, and I’m done.
- I get a lot of sources for research. There are websites upon websites that carry the same product. I can start buy researching the best product, features specs, etc. I can really buy a product based on my need, and my want, and mix the two. I can buy something that I will get the most use out of.
- I get a lot of product reviews by real consumers who have already bought the product. I like to go on to sites and read the reviews of the products that they carry. I like to compare the website reviews with other reviews and see what measures up and what doesn’t before I purchase anything. If I have to spend more money on a product that has better reviews, than I will. And to add to that, I would probably buy a product that has one or two reviews, and discard any products that didn’t have any reviews.
- I get better deals online. More than likely you will get better deals, percentages off, and free shipping, etc when you buy online. Sites like Latest Deals will give the best deals and the best products available. I love going on this site and finding what I need, and taking a peak at the deals that they have online. It’s amazing how much you can save!
- It’s accessible, even late at night, at home, after closing hours. Most malls and shopping centers will close around 9pm. And sometimes I’m not ready to shop or buy anything until way later than that. Say I am online, writing, reading, etc. and I want to buy a book. I can jump online, find it, read reviews, do my research, and then buy it. It’s perfect! And I won’t get pushed out of the store buy a grumpy worker who wants to go home.
Don’t get me wrong, I still love a good walk around the mall to relax and unwind. But these days I keep that to a visit of once a month or so. I like to go during holiday seasons, like Valentines Day, Easter, and especially Christmas. Because the festivities make me happy. However, I think that the accessibility, and the convenience of shopping online just cannot be beat.